Mesh Ventures, an Oakland, California-based investment fund focused on the legal cannabis industry, is opening a second round of funding.
The round will allow the firm to pursue new acquisitions and accelerate commercialization of brands in its portfolio.
Mesh has already made investments in several high-profile companies, including:
– PureCon – Providing white-label C02 extraction services for brands in the industry
– Backbone – Software developer for manufacturing and supply chain management
– Mesh Brands – Marketing company providing brand development
– Gesundheit – a cannabis co-packer in America, with locations nationwide
– MFN Oil – a proprietary refinery for large scale cannabinoid and terpene extraction
– Grasshopper Kiosks – Automated sales technology specializing in self-service “express lanes”
– Guild Extracts – which crafts cannabis products using patent-pending techniques
– Lemonnade – a cannabis genetic portfolio and high margin brand founded by celebrity artist/entrepreneur
Led by Parker Berling, partner, Mesh is also curating a large dynamic cannabis complexes in the nation. Located in the Port of Oakland in California, the complex spans over 200,000 sq ft on 11 acres across from the Oracle Arena. The campus will become home to some of the leading and most promising companies in the cannabis industry.
The second round of funding closes July 15, 2018 or when investment goals have been reached.