Samsara, a San Francisco, CA-based provider of enterprise IoT systems, raised $50m in growth funding.
Backers in the round, which values Samsarra at $1.4 billion, included Andreessen Horowitz and General Catalyst.
The company intends to use the funds to scale support and customer enablement while investing in new technology innovation for its users.
Founded by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket, Samsara provides enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) systems which combine plug-and-play hardware with scalable cloud-based software, revealing insights that improve operational efficiencies for thousands of customers from emerging businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises. The company, has raised $130m in total funding to date and has over 300 employees, serves customers across a range of industries, including:
- Food and Beverage distributors monitoring food safety during transit with wireless temperature and cargo sensors
- Trucking companies reducing distracted driving and increasing driver safety with gamification and in-cab cameras
- Construction firms optimizing inventories of generators and heavy equipment
- School districts helping parents locate lost children by tracking bus passengers in real time
- Cities helping residents navigate winter storms by publishing live snowplow paths.