General Atlantic, a New York, NY–based global growth equity firm, announced eight promotions.
– Wai Hoong Fock and Paul Stamas have been promoted to Managing Director,
– Pierre Samec has been promoted to Operating Partner,
– Luis Cervantes, Christian Figge, David George, Anna Golynskaya, Shaw Joseph, and Melis Kahya have been promoted to Principal.
The promotions will be effective as of January 1, 2018.
Wai Hoong Fock joined General Atlantic in 2015 and leads the firm’s growing business in Southeast Asia.
– Paul Stamas joined General Atlantic in 2010 and is a senior member of the Financial Services sector team.
– Pierre Samec joined General Atlantic in 2014 and is a member of the firm’s Resources Group, where he focuses on providing digital transformation expertise to a number of the firm’s portfolio companies and assisting with new investments in the EMEA region.
– Luis Cervantes joined General Atlantic in 2013 and leads the firm’s Mexico City office, with a focus on investments in Mexico and across Latin America. –
– Christian Figge joined General Atlantic in 2012 and is based in the firm’s Munich office, where he focuses on investments across Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
– David George joined General Atlantic in 2012 and is based in the firm’s Palo Alto office, where he focuses on investments in the Internet & Technology sector.
– Anna Golynskaya joined General Atlantic in 2014 and is based in the New York office, where she focuses on the firm’s capital partnering efforts.
– Shaw Joseph joined General Atlantic in 2012 and is based in the firm’s New York office, where he focuses on investments in the Retail & Consumer sector.
– Melis Kahya joined General Atlantic in 2015 and is based in the firm’s London office, where she serves as Head of Retail & Consumer for EMEA, in addition to having regional coverage of Turkey.
Led by Bill Ford, Chief Executive Officer, General Atlantic is a global growth equity firm providing capital and strategic support for growth companies. Established in 1980, the firm focuses on investments across five sectors, including Internet & Technology, Financial Services, Business Services, Retail & Consumer, and Healthcare.
General Atlantic has more than 110 investment professionals based in New York, Amsterdam, Beijing, Greenwich, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Munich, Palo Alto, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Singapore.