SpringWorks Therapeutics, a NYC-based mission-driven medicines company dedicated to developing innovative potential new treatments for underserved patient communities, completed a $103m Series A financing.
Backers included Bain Capital Life Sciences, Bain Capital Double Impact, OrbiMed, Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) and LifeArc (formerly known as MRC Technology).
The company intends to use the funds for the development of medicines across different therapeutic areas.
Led by Lara S. Sullivan, M.D., MBA, Founder and President, SpringWorks Therapeutics is focused on underserved patient populations moving forward potential programs for four diseases (desmoid tumor, Neurofibromatosis, Hereditary xerocytosis, Post-traumatic stress disorder), all of which currently have no cure. The company plans to expand its pipeline by partnering with other life science companies and academic institutions who share in the company’s mission.
SpringWorks Therapeutics is led by:
– Daniel S. Lynch, Executive Chairman,
– Lara S. Sullivan, M.D., Founder and President,
– Stephen Squinto, Ph.D., Acting Head of Research & Development,
– Saqib Islam, JD, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Business Officer,
– L. Mary Smith, Ph.D., Vice President, Clinical Research and Development,
In addition to Lynch, Sullivan and Squinto, SpringWorks Therapeutics has appointed the following directors to the board:
– Carl L. Gordon, Ph.D., CFA – Partner, OrbiMed
– Peter Keen – Trustee, LifeArc
– Freda Lewis-Hall, M.D., DFAPA – Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Pfizer
– Deval Patrick – Managing Director, Bain Capital Double Impact
– Jeffrey Schwartz – Managing Director, Bain Capital Life Sciences