Engage Ventures, an Atlanta, GA-based independent venture capital fund, has selected eight companies to participate in its inaugural program, which kicks off today.
The firm’s inaugural portfolio includes:
- Bee Downtown (Durham, NC): which aims to rebuild the vital bee population with a sustainability and employee engagement solution for enterprises;
- Cyrano (Atlanta, GA): a leadership communications platform using video to better connect and engage employees;
- EmployUs (Raleigh, NC): a platform for companies to hire more referrals by automating the employee referral process;
- Fast Radius (Chicago, IL / Atlanta, GA): an on-demand additive manufacturing and production solution for enterprises;
- Gauge Insights (Atlanta, GA): a consumer insights platform for companies to obtain feedback from customers in minutes;
- Sudu (Atlanta, GA): an on-demand and scheduled trucking service that connects companies that ship freight with a network of trucks and diverse carriers;
- The Mom Project (Chicago, IL): a marketplace and community that connects enterprises with diverse female talent; and
- TransRisk (Chattanooga, TN): a financial instruments and market data platform for the trucking and logistics industry.
Headquartered in Georgia Tech’s Technology Square and led by Thiago Olson, Managing Director, Engage Ventures is an independent, early-stage venture capital fund and program that gives entrepreneurs customers and market access. Engage companies work with top executives from leading brands, including AT&T, Chick-fil-A, Cox Enterprises, Delta Air Lines, Georgia-Pacific, Georgia Power Foundation, Inc., Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), Invesco Ltd., The Home Depot and UPS. These corporate partners, along with the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) and Tech Square Ventures, provide tools, hands-on support and resources for companies to develop go-to-market strategies, and transform their strategies into action.