Felix Capital, a London, UK-based venture capital firm, closed its second fund, at $150m.
The fund was raised in the first quarter of 2017, closing at the $150m hard cap, with support from endowments, foundations, pension funds, fund of funds and family offices from Europe, the US and Asia.
Founded in 2014 by Frederic Court, Felix Capital has raised c. $300m in capital for early and growth stage venture investments, aiming to back companies at the intersection of technology and creativity, in large markets such as digital commerce, digital media and connected life, at early stages, mainly in Europe and selectively in the US. The firm invests $2-5m per round, with the flexibility to invest from $100k to $10m, or more for exceptional growth-stage breakout companies.
Felix, whose investment team is composed of Frederic Court (Managing Partner), Antoine Nussenbaum (Partner), Jon Kamaluddin (Operating Partner), Sasha Astafyeva (Principal), and Carmen Alfonso (Associate), and an Operations Team composed of Les Gabb (Finance Partner), and Phylia Phoon (Operations Manager), has invested in such companies as Yoobic, Mirakl, Olapic, and Farfetch, among others.
In addition to the close of the fund, the firm also added Grita Loebsack (formerly CEO of Kering luxury division, and previously SVP Skincare at Unilever and MD L’Oreal UK) to the advisory board. She joined:
– Chloe Macintosh (co-founder Made.com, creative advisor Soho House)
– Christophe Maire (Top EU seed investor, previously CEO Textr & Gate5)
– David Marcus (VP Messenger at Facebook, previously President of Paypal, and Founder & CEO of Zong)
– Henri Moissinac (ex Mobile Partnerships at Uber, previously head of Mobile at Facebook and eBay)
– Jon Kamaluddin (Board member at Farfetch, Chairman at Klarna, ex International Director and CFO at Asos)
– Julien Codorniou (Vice-President, Workplace at Facebook, previously at Microsoft)
– Lopo Champalimaud (Founder & CEO of Treatwell, ex lastminute.com)
– Pelle Tornberg (Senior advisor Ericsson, ex Metro, MTG, Kinnevik)
– Reggie Bradford (SVP Start up Ecosystem at Oracle, co-founder & CEO Vitrue)
– Rene Rechtman (Head of non-linear media at Disney International, President International at Maker Studios, ex SVP Intl AOL)
– Sebastian Picardo (Deputy President & Chief Operating Officer at Lane Crawford, ex MD Digital Commerce at Burberry, CFO of Net-A-Porter)
– Stephanie Phair (Head of Strategy, Farfetch, previously MD The Outnet)
– Tom Ryan (CEO Pluto.tv, previously CEO Threadless, VP Digital EMI)