Bolt, a Boston and San Francisco based hardware focused early stage venture capital firm, closed its third fund, at $80m.
Led by Ben Einstein and Axel Bichara as well as new General Partner Greg McAdoo (formerly of Sequoia Capital), Bolt usually is the first institutional backer investing up to $1M (with average pre-seed investments of $200K) in startups developing solutions at the intersection of hardware and software for consumers or businesses.
Beyond funding, the firm provides expertise and infrastructure via its partners who have built multi-billion dollar companies and full-time engineers who have shipped millions of units.
The Investment/Engineering Team also includes:
– Chris Quintero, Associate
– Kate McAndrew, Associate
– Scott Miller, Venture Partner
– David Mallard, Director of Engineering
– Jim Paris, Embedded Systems Engineer
– Carsten Jensen, Electrical Engineer
– Avery Louie, Prototype Engineer
– Josh Harris, Industrial Designer, and
Bethany Compagna, Operations Manager.