Albion Ventures, a London, UK-based investment manager, rebranded as Albion Capital.
The rebrand reflects the evolution of the firm, encompassing the growth of its venture capital, renewable energy, care home and IP commercialization businesses, and the integration of OLIM Investment Managers, the value-oriented equity specialists acquired in September 2016.
The integration of OLIM marks Albion Capital’s entry into the charities sector and bespoke private client investment management, and expands its existing fund range.
Led by Managing Partner Patrick Reeve, the Albion Group invests anywhere between £250k and £12m into companies to create long-term value for charities, private clients and other retail investors.
The firm currently manages or provides administration services with respect to just under £1bn of assets, and comprises the following businesses and funds:
– Venture Capital Trusts (£340m) – Six VCTs investing in private companies to deliver income and capital growth
– OLIM Investment Managers (£495m) – A specialist quoted equity fund manager with a high conviction, value-oriented approach
– UCL Technology Fund (£53m) – A partnership with UCL, investing in intellectual property commercialisation opportunities from the university’s research base
– Albion Community Power (£80m) – A power generation company developing community-scale renewable energy projects in the UK
– Albion Care Communities (£25m) – A business developing and operating high-end care homes for the elderly.