Tanium, an Emeryville, Calif.-based provider of an endpoint communications platform for security and IT operations, raised $100M in funding.
The round, which brings the company’s value to $3.75 billion, was led by TPG Growth with participation from other existing investors including IVP and a new unnamed investor.
The company will use the proceeds to:
– repurchase shares from Tanium Executive Chairman and co-founder David Hindawi to enable him to fund his charitable endeavors, which are focused on early education and giving disadvantaged children a healthy start to life,
– provide liquidity to early employees and early investors, and
– for general corporate purposes.
Led by CEO Orion Hindawi, COO/CFO Fazal Merchant, and CTO Chris Bream, Tanium provides large enterprises and government organizations with a platform to secure, control, and manage millions of endpoints across the enterprise within seconds, empowering security and IT operations teams to:
– ask questions about the state of every endpoint across the enterprise in plain English,
– retrieve data on their current and historical state, and
– execute change as necessary, all within seconds.
The company has raised a total of $407m from Andreessen Horowitz, TPG Growth, IVP, Geodesic Capital, T. Rowe Price, Franklin Templeton Investments and Citi Ventures.