Lamellar Biomedical, a Bellshill, Scotland, UK-based biotechnology company developing a range of patent-protected medical and pharmaceutical products, raised £5.75m in Series C equity funding.
The round was led by Invesco Asset Management Limited and supported by the Scottish Investment Bank (“SIB”), the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise.
The company will use the funds to:
– Support the commercialization of both Lamelleye and Visco-ease globally through partners
– Generate clinical data with Muco-ease to position it for a potential co-development deal
– Expand its pipeline of LAMELLASOME[TM] based pharmaceuticals targeting indications with high unmet medical needs including infection
Led by Alec McLean, CEO, Lamellar is developing a pipeline of novel patent-protected medical devices and pharmaceuticals targeting:
– Dry Eye Disease (DED) with Lamelleye
– Radiotherapy-Induced Xerostomia (RIX) with Visco-ease
– Cystic Fibrosis (CF) with Muco-ease
The pipeline products target conditions that are poorly served by current medications and therefore represent areas of high value unmet medical need.