Texas Crop Science (fka CottonGen LLC), an Austin, Texas-based agricultural technology company, completed its first venture financing round.
The amount of the deal was not disclosed.
The round was led by Five T Investments with participation from Korenvaes Horizon Partners.
Founded in 2010 and led by Simon Hiebert, CEO, Texas Crop Science is an agricultural technology company that develops improved crops to meet global macro-challenges.
The company’s lead technology platform, PYRAMAX™, identifies discoveries in multiple scientific disciplines, such as human biology, and applies those across a broad range of agricultural crops to achieve high yield in a variety of plants under a range of environmental conditions. While cotton was the initial experimental crop for Texas Crop Science, the platform has demonstrated promising results in both greenhouse and field tests in other crops, including soybeans and rice.
The Texas Crop Science Board of Directors now includes:
– Simon Hiebert, CEO Texas Crop Science LLC
– Fulton Murray, Hunt Ventures LP (Retired)
– John Myers Jr., Treaty Oak Capital Management
– Eric Rey, former CEO, Arcadia Biosciences
– Reid Walker, Five T Investments
– Howard Wolf, Fulbright & Jaworski (Retired)
– Scott Zodin, Keel Wealth Management
TCS’s technology founder, Stan Roux, PhD, will serve as a scientific advisor to the company and will lead the company’s scientific advisory board.