B Capital Group, a Manhattan Beach, CA–based venture capital firm that specializes in growth-stage investments in tech companies, announced five new hires and a promotion to its core executive team.
Executive team changes include:
– Kabir Narang has joined B Capital Group’s Singapore office as an Investment Partner, leading the firm’s Asian investment efforts.
– Virginia Schmitt, Chief Financial Officer & Chief Administrative Officer, will lead fund operations, finance and administration, based in Los Angeles.
– Chip Welsh, Vice President of Capital Formation, joined to lead B Capital investor relations and fundraising efforts, based in Los Angeles.
– Dave Gallon, Vice President of Business Development, will be responsible for driving relationships between B Capital portfolio companies and corporate partners, including through the BCG network.
– Hailey Hu will join B Capital’s Singapore office as Senior Associate, focused on sourcing and executing new investments and supporting portfolio management, with a particular focus on the Asian Healthcare market.
– Adam Seabrook has been promoted from Senior Associate to Principal. In his new role, he will take on a greater leadership role in B Capital’s healthcare investment practice.
Co-founded in 2015 by Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin and Raj Ganguly, B Capital Group is a venture capital firm specializing in growth-stage investments with pioneering companies that are ready to scale across the global stage. Current portfolio companies include CXA Group, Evidation Health, SilverCloud Health, Lanetix and Ninja Van.
The firm, which has The Boston Consulting Group, and its incubation arm BCG Digital Ventures, as sponsoring limited partners, now employs nearly 20 experienced investment professionals, in three global offices, in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Singapore, led by Saverin, Ganguly, Gavin Teo and Kabir Narang.