Vividion Therapeutics, a San Diego, CA-based biotechnology company, raised $50M in Series A financing.
Founding investors are ARCH Venture Partners and Versant Ventures. In conjunction with the financing, Tom Daniel, M.D., Executive Chairman of the Board, formerly President, Global Research and Early Development, Celgene Corporation, will join the Board as Executive Chairman.
Vividion Therapeutics focuses on developing therapeutics using a novel drug discovery platform for proteome-wide ligand and target discovery, which was spun out of the lab of Ben Cravatt, Professor at The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, Calif.
The founding team includes:
– Benjamin F. Cravatt III, Ph.D., Professor and Co-Chair, Department of Molecular Medicine, the Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology at The Scripps Research Institute
– Phil S. Baran, Ph.D., Professor, Darlene Shiley Professor of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, the Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology at The Scripps Research Institute
– Jin-Quan Yu, Ph.D., Frank and Bertha Hupp Professor of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute
– John K. Clarke, Managing General Partner, Cardinal Partners
The board also includes:
– Kristina Burow, Managing Director, ARCH Venture Partners
– Tom Woiwode, Ph.D., Managing Director, Versant Ventures
– Paul Schimmel, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Department of Chemistry, The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology at The Scripps Research Institute