Ando, a NYC-based delivery-only, online restaurant, closed a $7m Series A financing.
The round was led by Forerunner with participation from BoxGroup and Wildcat Venture Partners and strategic angels:
– William Lauder, Chairman of Estee Lauder;
– Neil Blumenthal, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Warby Parker;
– Andy Katz-Mayfield, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Harry’s;
– Abdur Chowdhury, Former Chief Scientist, Twitter;
– Dick Boyce, TPG Partner and former Chairman of Burger King;
– Elizabeth Cutler, Founder of SoulCycle;
– Jimmy Fallon and
– Aziz Ansari.
The company intends to use the funds to continue to grow the team and build operational capacity to further expand delivery across New York City.
Launched in July 2016 by David Chang, Momofuku and Expa, Ando is a delivery-only online restaurant serving food designed specifically for delivery including NY Cheesesteak, Fried Chicken, and Spicy Tofu.
The company recently revealed Ando Labs, which enables customers to order and review food items that are still in the development stages to empower them to become a part of the R&D process.
Ando, available to order on iOS and web app, currently delivers to NYC from 36th St. to E72nd St, from the FDR Drive to 8th Ave., serving lunch 11am-2pm and dinner 5:30pm-8pm on weekdays.