The round was led by ARCH Venture Partners and Woodford Investment Management with participation from Cambridge Enterprise Seed Funds, Cambridge Innovation Capital, Evotec AG, GV (Google Ventures), and Lightstone Ventures. In conjunction with the funding, Steven Gillis and Paul Thurk, ARCH Venture Partners, and Jason Lettmann, Lightstone Ventures, joined CEO Elaine Sullivan on the Carrick board of directors.
Led by CEO Dr. Elaine Sullivan, who has more than 25 years’ experience working in the pharmaceutical industry in the US and the UK, Carrick Therapeutics is advancing a portfolio of cancer treatments that target driver mechanisms of the most aggressive forms of cancer, and which will be tailored to an individual patient’s tumour.
The company is now working on three innovative scientific programs, and is looking to expand its portfolio through academic and pharmaceutical partnerships.
Carrick Therapeutics’ scientific advisory board (SAB), which is chaired by Sir John Bell (Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford), comprises:
– Prof. Chas Bountra (Oxford),
– Prof. Johann DeBono (London),
– Prof. William Gallagher (Dublin),
– Prof. Steve Jackson (Cambridge),
– Prof. Peter Johnson (Southampton),
– Prof. David Kerr (Oxford),
– Prof. Michael O’Dwyer (Galway),
– Dr. Anthony Quinn (Boston), and
– Prof. John Robertson (Nottingham).