Bumpers, a New York-based maker of a podcast-creation app, raised $1m in seed funding.
The round was led by Spark Capital with participation from Founder Collective, Evan Williams and others.
The company intends to use the funds to launch its app and expand adoption and operations.
Led by CEO Ian Ownbey, Bumpers provides an iOS app that allows users to create, edit and share their own audio content.
Main features of the app include:
– a tool to edit recording by tapping the sections to delete, recording new audio, or importing audio,
– a tool to customize the podcast with music and sound effects,
– a voice equalizer,
– a background noise cancellation tool,
– options for music and loops, and
– Discover Bumpers across categories.