Unravel Data, a Menlo Park, California-based big data-focused performance intelligence platform, raised more than $7m in Series A funding.
The round was led by Menlo Ventures with participation from Data Elite Ventures. In conjunction with the funding, Venky Ganesan, a managing director at Menlo Ventures, joined Unravel’s board of directors.
The company intends to use the funds to continue to launch and expand operations.
Co-founded by Kunal Agarwal and Dr. Shivnath Babu, Unravel Data emerged from stealth to launch a performance intelligence platform for optimizing Big Data operations (DataOps). From a single platform, it allows users to accelerate all applications in a Big Data stack or cluster, optimize multi-tenant resource utilization and provide operations intelligence.
The advisors of Unravel include:
– Tasso Argyros, founder of Aster Data Systems, which was acquired by Teradata for $263 million,
– Ken Rudin, formerly of Facebook and current Head of Growth and Analytics at Google Search,
– Bhaskar Ghosh, formerly of LinkedIn and current VP of Engineering, Operations and Security at NerdWallet,
– Jeff Magnusson, Director of Algorithms Platforms at StitchFix, and
– Daniel McCaffrey, VP of Data and Analytics at Climate Corp.