Launched last month as part of the Octopus Group, which also includes Octopus Investments and Octopus Ventures, and led by director Aggelos Mouzakitis, Octopus Labs is designed to create tech-enabled financial solutions fit for the mainstream market. The 12-week accelerator program, which begins in early October, will provide selected startups with office space in Octopus’s central London HQ, mentoring from financial industry experts and entrepreneurs such as Nicole Anderson, CEO at FinTech Circle Innovate, Alan Chang, Head of Operations at Revolut and Adam Price, Founder of VouchedFor, and access to the company’s distribution channel of over 3,500 financial advisers and 60,000 retail customers.
– CityFALCON, a personalized financial news feed for non-institutional traders and investors, powered by machine learning & crowd-curation, and
– MOOLA, an investing platform that allow anyone to save and invest wisely, and
– Squirrel, a financial wellbeing company that works in partnership with employers to allow employees to control their finances, and
– Freetrade , a mobile app that allows users to invest in the stock market commission free and connects them with a network of professional independent advisers, and
– Advicefront, a support platform for Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs).