Panopto, a Seattle, WA-based provider of enterprise and education video solutions, secured $42.8m in funding.
The round was led by Sterling Partners, with participation from existing investors, management and a senior credit facility underwritten by Square 1 Bank.
The company intends to use the funds to continue its business expansion.
Founded in 2007 and led by Eric Burns, co-founder and CEO, Panopto provides a video content management, recording, and live streaming technology platform that enables a diverse set of organizations to capture and manage all of their video assets.
The platform includes:
– A YouTube-like portal for publishing and sharing videos
– A search engine that finds any word spoken or shown on-screen in videos
– Cloud transcoders that convert videos for optimal playback on any device
– Video recording, screencasting, and live streaming tools
– A remote recording service for securely controlling video events from any location
– An online video editor
– Video viewing reports and analytics
– An enterprise content delivery network (ECDN) for streaming videos
– Mobile apps for enhanced online and offline playback
The company, which also has offices in Pittsburgh, London, Hong Kong, Beijing, and Sydney, serves New York Life, GE Healthcare Digital, Yale University, Brown University, and the Wharton School of Business, among others.