San Francisco, CA-based venture capital firm 8VC has launched a $400m fund.
According to a regulatory form filed with the SEC, 8VC Co-Invest Fund I, L.P. has not sold any sum, yet.
8VC focuses on investing in companies enabling industry transformation in eight areas including smart enterprise, finance, government, consumer, energy, business processes, healthcare, and education also leveraging a community of fellow investors, entrepreneurs, advisors, friends, and others who play their role in enabling the firm to source deals and learn about markets.
8VC is led by partners:
– Joe Lonsdale, the co-founder of Palantir, a global software company known for its work in defense and finance,
– Drew Oetting, who focuses primarily on enterprise and consumer software investments,
– Alex Kolicich, who focuses on IT investments,
– Jake Medwell, who focuses on software investments in both the consumer and enterprise space,
– Kimmy Scotti, a a member of the investment team focusing on IT investments, and
– Jin-Young Kim, who leads the firm’s fundraising and investor relations strategy and operations.
The portfolio includes Asana, Bloomz, Common, Medal, and Betterworks, among others.