Sherpa Capital, a San Francisco, CA-based venture capital firm, closed two funds totalling $470m.
According to a post on the firm’s blog, the vehicles – which follow the first $153m fund, Sherpa Ventures Fund I, raised three years ago, include:
– Sherpa Ventures II, a $172m fund focusing on making early-stage investments; and
– Sherpa Everest, a $298m mid-stage fund.
Co-founded by Shervin Pishevar and Scott Stanford, Sherpa Capital invests in emerging technology-enabled consumer and enterprise companies. The current portfolio includes such iconic companies as Rent the Runway, Slack, Zendrive, PillPack, Beepi, Doctor OnDemand, Airbnb, Uber, Cue, Shyp, and Curology.
The team of the firm also includes:
– Alex Fayetta, Associate
– Ana Kostioukova, Associate
– Brian Pham, Principal
– Brian Yee, Principal
– Kirby Bartlett, Managing Director, COO and CCO, and
– Tina Sharkey, Venture Partner.