Italia Venture I, the co-investment fund managed by Invitalia Ventures, has held a new close, at €65m.
The latest €5m investment, which came from Fondazione di Sardegna, followed the previous ones of the same amount from Cisco and Metec.
The fund has a final target of €100m.
Led by CEO Salvo Mizzi, Italia Venture I focuses on investing in Italian startups. It has already announced the investments in
– Sardex, a complementary credit and payment system developed in Sardinia, and
– D-Eye, a developer of a portable retinal imaging system to promote earlier diagnosis of treatable eye conditions.
The team of Invitalia Ventures currently includes:
– Investment managers Mario Scuderi and Ciro Spedialiere,
– Business Development Manager Philippe Tandeau de Marsac, and
– Business Analysts Maria Cavallo, Susanna Colletto and Svetlana Vashkel.