Victory Park Capital (VPC), a Chicago, IL-based investment firm focused on private middle market debt and equity investments, promoted three investment professionals, as well as made three new hires.
The promotions include:
– Gordon Watson, Partner, who helps oversee direct private debt and equity investments in the specialty finance sector. Based in New York, Watson joined VPC in 2014 and has 10 years of experience investing in a diverse range of alternative investments for middle market companies.
He was previously a portfolio manager centered on distressed debt at GLG Partners, a London-based hedge fund manager. He joined GLG after it purchased Ore Hill Partners, a credit-focused hedge fund, where Watson served as a partner.
– Harsh Patel, Principal, who is responsible for making investments in middle market companies with a focus on specialty finance opportunities outside the U.S. Based in London, Patel has 10 years of experience in alternative investments. Previously, he was responsible for sourcing, structuring and managing a multi-billion dollar portfolio of credit and non-correlated investments at Abu Dhabi Investment Council. Patel also worked in the EMEA Credit Trading Group at Citigroup, focusing on distressed and special situations.
– Karrie Truglia, Principal, who oversees VPC’s debt capital markets activity with a focus on strategic portfolio financings.
Based in New York, Truglia joined VPC in 2015 and has more than 15 years of experience in global and domestic financial services organizations. Previously, She spent eight years with Citigroup, where she was director of global securitized products, offering strategic, solution-oriented advice for key relationship banks, specialty finance and financial services companies.
Truglia also held management positions at Bear Stearns & Co., Assured Guaranty and BMW Financial Services.
The three new associates joining the VPC team are:
– Sarah Ishman, Senior Associate. Based in the New York office, Ishman is a former fixed income and commodities associate at Morgan Stanley.
– Katie Kissell, Business Development Associate. Based in the Chicago office, Kissell is a former senior business development associate at Aurora Investment Management.
– Christie Lacy, Marketing Associate. Based in the Chicago office, Lacy is a former senior marketing associate at Aurora Investment Management.