Madrona Venture Labs (MVL), a Seattle, WA-based startup studio housed at Madrona Venture Group, announced an advisory board of ten distinguished inventors, entrepreneurs, founders and angel investors.
The “Friends of Labs” include:
– Spencer Rascoff, CEO Zillow Group (Z)
– Darrell Cavens, CEO zulily
– Jane Park, CEO Julep
– Raj Singh, CEO Accolade, Co-Founder Concur (CNQR)
– Dawn Lepore, former CEO Drugstore, Board Director AOL
– Oren Etzioni, CEO Allen Institute for AI
– T.A. McCann, Founder Rival IQ, former CEO Gist (BBRY)
– Jonathan Sposato, CEO PicMonkey, Chairman GeekWire
– Andy Liu, CEO BuddyTV
– Mark Mader, CEO SmartSheet
They will help MVL further its mission to create innovative, large-scale companies based in Seattle. They will work with the MVL team and spin-out founders on new ideas, customer development, talent acquisition and company building practices.
Led by Mike Fridgen, CEO, Madrona Venture Labs considers dozens of ideas and advances only the ones that survive a testing and validation process. Successful ideas get access to seed capital from Madrona and others. Incepted in 2014, it has spun off Spare5, which provides intelligent crowdsourcing to big data problems and ReplyYes, which is a conversational commerce company.