Qiming Venture Partners, a Chinese venture capital firm, has announced a series of promotions.
These include Peter Yin Ming (Cleantech), Stella Zhou Lingfei (Internet and Consumer), Shiyu Wang (Intersumer), Jay Yin Jie (Healthcare) to Principal, Jason Huang Yu (Intersumer) to Vice President, and Holan Lam Ho Man to Financial Controller.
– Peter Yin, who joined Qiming in February 2010, focuses on the investment opportunities in the industries of environmental protection, energy saving, new energy, smart grid, electric vehicles and clean production. Prior to Qiming, Yin worked in the Capital Equity Department in GE.
– Stella Zhou, who joined the firm, in August 2010, focuses on investing in e-commerce, FinTech, mobile internet and consumer internet companies. Prior to joining Qiming, Zhou worked in GE Capital Risk Management team based in Shanghai and HK.
– Wang Shiyu, who has been with Qiming since January 2012, mainly focuses on social network, entertainment, eCommerce, O2O and other mobile internet opportunities. Previously, he worked at IDG Capital and China Renaissance.
– Jay Yin, who joined the firm in July 2014, focuses on investment in healthcare. Prior to Qiming, Yin was Director of Business Development in MicroPort Medical. Before joining MicroPort in 2012, he worked at GE healthcare and Johnson & Johnson in various business development & marketing positions, and launched multiple cardiovascular medical device products in the US and China markets.
– Jason Huang, who joined Qiming in March 2014, focuses on FinTech, e-commerce, Mobile Internet and Online Education. Prior to joining Qiming, Huang worked for China Renaissance Partners and Bertelsmann Asia Investment.
– Holan Lam, who joined Qiming in June 2012, is responsible for supporting the CFO on overseeing the overall fund reporting, operation & finance functions, as well as tax and regulatory compliance work. Prior to joining the firm, Lam was an audit manager at KPMG Hong Kong, focusing on private equity and venture capital funds clients.
Founded in 2006, Qiming is a leading China venture capital firm with offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou and Hong Kong currently managing five US Dollar funds and three RMB funds with over US$2.3 billion assets under management.
To date, Qiming has backed over 160 companies across China in the internet and consumer, healthcare, information technology and clean technology sectors. Over 30 of them are already listed on NYSE, NASDAQ, HKEx, Gretai Securities Market, Shanghai Stock Exchange, and Shenzhen Stock Exchange or achieved exit through M&A. Portfolio companies include Meitu, Dianping, Xiaomi, Wacai, Mogujie, Tutorgroup, Gan & Lee, Zai Lab, Guahao, Berry Genomics, Tigermed, Face++ and Xiaoyi, among others.