Convoy, a Seattle, WA-based on-demand service for regional and local trucking, raised $2.5m in seed funding.
– Jeff Bezos via Bezos Expeditions,
– Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff,
– eBay founder Pierre Omidyar via Omidyar Technology Ventures,
– KKR CEO Henry Kravis,
– Code.org founders Hadi and Ali Partovi,
– Expedia CEO Dara Khosrowshahi,
– Dropbox CEO Drew Houston,
– former Starbucks President Howard Behar,
– Allen & Company,
– Fuel Capital,
– Nicolas Berggruen,
– Adrian Aoun,
– Charlie Songhurst,
– Grant Ries,
– Noosheen Hashemi,
– Hooman Radfar, and
– Michael Dougherty.
The company intends to use the funds to expand operations.
Led by co-founder and CEO Dan Lewis, Convoy allows shippers to connect with nearby trucking companies and book and track jobs instantly. Carriers in the network receive notifications of jobs on their phone, and complete them using the free mobile app for managing and growing their fleets.
Convoy is now operational in Washington State, centered in the Seattle-Tacoma area.