Benhamou Global Ventures, a Palo Alto, CA-based early-stage venture capital firm, closed its second fund at $72M.
BGVII will fund seed and early stage investments focused on several enterprise IT sectors including cyber security, cloud-based services and applications, web scale infrastructure, business analytics, the Internet of Things while continuing its strategy of cross-border deal sourcing from the United States, Israel and Europe.
Led by Eric Benhamou, Anik Bose, Eric Buatois, Marina Levinson, Janice Roberts and Barak Ben Avinoam (who is based in Tel Aviv, Israel) Benhamou Global Ventures has already made several investments out of its BGV II. These include:
– Qubell, providing an autonomic management platform for cloud applications
– Spikes Security, providing browser malware isolation
– Identity Mind Global, providing fraud and risk management for electronic transactions
– Sensors.com, providing secure connectivity solutions for Internet of things applications
– Ayehu, a company that increases IT operations efficiency through an IT workflow automation software platform
– Profitect, providing prescriptive analytics solutions for the retail industry
The firm recently sold ConteXtream, an Israeli provider of Software Defined Networks (SDN) for Carrier Networks, to Hewlett-Packard.
BGV charges no management fees.