Brightwheel, a San Francisco-based provider of a mobile SAAS platform for early education providers, including daycare, preschool, and afterschool programs, raised $2.2m in seed funding.
The round was led by RRE Ventures and Eniac Ventures with participation from CrossLink Capital, Golden Venture Partners, Red Swan Ventures and Sherpa Ventures.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Dave Vasen, Brightwheel provides a mobile SAAS platform for early education providers, including daycare, preschool, and afterschool programs. Through the brightwheel ecosystem, teachers can track attendance, record observations, share photos and notes, and gain insights into daily activities – while administrators can manage across classrooms and send paperless, automated invoices for school tuition.
For parents, it provides a real-time connection with their child throughout the day.
The platform is free for both schools and families.
• Digital Check-In with detailed reporting.
• Photo Sharing.
• Daily Reports with tracking and real-time feed of the school day.
• Integrated, automated billing for tuition and fees.
• Real-time updates across teachers and devices including iOS, Android, and web.
• Parent Communication.
• Community of grandparents, nannies, and friends who can all participate in the ecosystem.
In conjunction with the funding announcement, the company is releasing new apps for iOS and Android, as well as a new automated billing platform.