Snaps, a New York City-based new platform for connecting advertisers with consumers across messaging applications and devices, raised $6.5m in Series A funding.
– Michael Kassan, Chairman and CEO of Media Link;
– Jeff Ragovin, founder and managing partner, Ragovin Ventures and formerly, founder of Buddy Media (sold to Salesforce);
– Jonathon Carson, CRO at VEVO and formerly co-founder and CEO of BuzzMetrics (sold to Nielsen);
– Mike Katz, co-founder and CEO of mParticle and formerly, founder of Interclick (sold to Yahoo);
– Ben Barokas, founder and CEO of Sourcepoint, and formerly, founder of AdMeld (sold Google), and
The company intends to use the funds to build and launch a full suite of products and services for brands to market themselves in messaging.
Launched in January 2015 by Vivian Rosenthal, founder, and also led by Christian Brucculeri, CEO, Snaps provides an end-to-end platform for brand marketing across messaging applications and devices. Through partnerships with Kik and other 3rd independent messaging apps, Snaps reaches an audience of 400 million active monthly users and counts 20 brands including Burger King, Trolli, Time Inc.’s Food & Wine, Logo, Comedy Central, The Houston Rockets, Nickelodeon, Victoria’s Secret, Sony Entertainment, VHI, among others, as clients.
The company has just launched “Branded Messages”, a solution for creating and distributing native advertising, in the form of custom branded emoji keyboards and sticker campaigns to consumers and plans to add new products over the next six to twelve months.