San Francisco, CA-based startup studio Expa raised $50m in its first fnding round.
– Garrett Camp (founder of Expa, Uber & StumbleUpon),
– Ram Shriram, Google board member,
– David Bonderman, TPG founder,
– Sir Richard Branson, Virgin founder,
– Meg Whitman, HP CEO,
– Li Ka-Shing & Solina Chau,
– First Round Capital,
– Sherpa Ventures,
– Kees Koolen, Booking.com Chairman,
– Lerer Ventures,
– Matt Mullenweg, WordPress founder,
– Scott Belsky, Behance founder,
– Josh Spear, Undercurrent founder, and
– Tim Ferriss, author.
Expa is a startup studio that works with founders to develop and launch new products. It plans to focus on a few active companies at any one time, initially around mobile applications, platforms and marketplaces.
Rather than providing services for companies after they have achieved traction, Expa will actively guide founders from inception toward product-market fit.
The company will also operate via an investment arm, Expa Capital, which will seed each company typically investing between $500K–$1m of seed capital.