Otoy, Inc., a Los Angeles, CA-based cloud graphics company, raised a Series D round of funding of undisclosed amount.
The round was led by Yuri Milner, with participation from former Morgan Stanley CEO John Mack, who joined Autodesk, Taylor Frigon, George Gilder and The Roddenberry Trust.
The company intends to use the funds to accelerate commercialization of its cloud graphics offerings.
Led by Founder and CEO, Jules Urbach, OTOY creates and develops cloud rendering technology and content for movies, games and online applications. Its technology is used by leading visual effects studios, artists, animators, designers, architects, and engineers for content creation and delivery.
The company’s board includes:
– Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Google Inc.;
– Samuel Palmisano, former Chairman, President, and CEO, IBM;
– Ari Emanuel, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, William Morris Endeavor;
– Brendan Eich, CTO and SVP, Mozilla;
– Dr. Irving Wladawsky-Berger, Vice President Emeritus and Consultant, IBM; and
– George Gilder, Founder and Partner, Gilder Technology Fund.