The round was led by Chicago Ventures and Tribeca Venture Partners, with participation from:
– Lon Chow, Armando Pauker and Wayne Boulais (Apex Venture Partners),
– Tao Huang (partner at Range Light and former COO at Morningstar),
– Sam Yagan (CEO at Match),
– Michael Sachs (CEO at SG2),
– Jim DeYoung (managing member of D-W Investments),
– Jon Rompon (partner at McNally Capital), and
– David Herrmann (executive director at Morgan Stanley).
Co-founded by Aaron Dallek and Steven Lee, Opternative is developing a tool to perform an online eye exam to determine glasses and contact lens prescription.
The company is incubated at Catapult Chicago and is a member of Healthbox, a health startup accelerator.