Crayon Data Pte Ltd, a Singapore-based Big-Data startup, raised a SGD 1.5m funding.
The round was led by Jungle Ventures with participation from SPRING SEEDS Capital. In conjunction with the round, Anurag Srivastava, Co-Founder and Managing Partner Jungle Ventures joined Crayon Data’s board.
Started by Suresh Shankar and Srikant Sastri, Crayon Data is a big data startup that aims to help enterprises connect their internal data with unstructured data outside, including digital and social media.
The company, which has development centers in Singapore and Chennai, has raised SGD 5.5m to date. Previous funders included:
– Meng Wong (co-founder of the Joyful Frog Digital Incubator),
– William Bissell (Managing Director of FabIndia),
– Ernest Pomerantz (Chairman of Stonewater Capital),
– Cheah Kim Lean and Chong Wah (founders of Acorn Market Research) and
– Ravi Thakran (Managing Partner of LVMH Southeast Asia).