Chippmunk, a Los Angeles, Ca-based savings search engine focused on aggregating and ranking online coupons in popular shopping categories, closed a $750k seed funding round.
The round was led by
– Richard Chino, an early member of GoTo.com and Smarter.com;
– Dan Murray, CFO of Machinima;
– Derek Draper of Wildfire by Google;
– Nikhil Srivastava of KKR;
– Andrew Schwartz, an angel investor; and
Led by CEO Brian Nickerson and Head of Product Samira Mahjoub Tapia, Chippmunk is a curated savings search engine that features comparison shopping, rich filter search and Expert Shopper recommendations.
The platform, launched in September 2013, is built on the CouponRank™ algorithm and offers smart, spam-free coupon search.
The company is launching a beta version of its Blogger Rewards Program, which helps content creators increase monetization by providing coupons to their loyal audience members under a revenue sharing model.