Icon Venture Partners, a Menlo Park, California and Minnetonka, Minnesota-based venture capital firm focused on early-stage enterprise technology companies, closed a $100m fund.
Icon Venture Partners I was backed by Icon fund, and a group of over 80 enterprise technology professionals who each invested in the vehicle and form the Icon Technology Partners group.
This group includes senior business leaders, successful entrepreneurs and recognized technology experts.
Founded in 2012 by Charles Beeler and Jeff Hinck, Icon Venture Partners makes seed and early-stage investments in sectors across the enterprise technology market including big data, cloud technologies, infrastructure software, mobility, SaaS, security and storage.
To date, Icon Venture Partners I has invested in five companies:
– Appboy, a platform for mobile relationship management
– Bugcrowd, a security platform enabling enterprises to connect with security researchers worldwide
– 9Lenses, a SaaS solution that enables the collection and analysis of organizational intelligence
– Sport NGIN, a provider of web and mobile software solutions for sports organizations, and
– Swiftstack, a provider of private cloud storage solutions powered by OpenStack Swift.