Teambox, a Redwood City, California-based provider of innovative collaboration and business communications tools, raised $5m in Series A financing.
The company, which has also completed a corporate and legal redomestication from Spain to the US and is now a Delaware corporation, intends to use the funds to product to a much larger market and expand operations.
This Series A round brings the total company funds to $7m, which also includes original investments from:
– the Data Collective Fund;
– Pat Matthews, senior vice president of corporate development at RackSpace;
– David Popowitz, senior vice president of corporate development at GoDaddy;
– Julia Popowitz, former deputy general counsel at Facebook; and
– Eric Yuan, founding engineer/VP Engineering at WebEx.
Founded in Barcelona in 2008 and led by CEO Dan Schoenbaum, Teambox provides a cloud and on premise collaboration and communication platform to share tasks, discussions, files, and HD Videoconferencing. It is in use at 3,500 companies with more than 600,000 users.
Customers include AT&T, BBC, Groupon, Harvard University, LinkedIn and US Airways.
16/11/2010: Teambox Closes $250k Seed Funding Round