Supercell, a Helsinki, Finland-based mobile game company, has received a USD$1.53bn majority investment.
A special purpose company jointly established by SoftBank and GungHo in Finland will acquire a 51% stake in Supercell. Following the transaction, the company will continue to operate independently led by Ilkka Paananen, CEO and will become a subsidiary of SoftBank.
– Accel London Investments Sàrl
– Mikko Kodisoja
– Ilkka Paananen
– Initial Capital LP
– PromoTwo S.à.r.l.
– Cerval Investments Inc
– John Nicolas Derome
– Visa Forsten
– Lassi Leppinen
– Atomico III, L.P.
– IVP LuxCo S.a.r.l.
Founded in 2010, Supercell has developed two game apps: Clash of Clans and Hay Day, which reached the top position in Top Grossing ranking of Apple’s App Store in 137 countries and 96 countries, respectively.
Following the funding, the Board of Supercell will include:
– Masayoshi Son (SoftBank Chairman & CEO),
– Katsumasa Niki (SoftBank Finance, Investment Planning, Group Manager),
– Taizo Son (GungHo Chairman),
– Ilkka Paananen (Supercell CEO) and
– Mikko Kodisoja (Supercell Product Lead).