Alminder Inc., a Palo Alto, California-based creator of a mobile smart calendar, closed a $1.525m seed funding.
Backers included Tugboat Ventures and private investors. Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) injected $25k.
The company intends to use the funds to support advancement of Mynd Calendar’s features and expand availability of it to France, Germany and the Netherlands.
Led by Max Wheeler, CEO, Alminder provides Mynd Calendar, which acts like a contextually aware virtual assistant that learns a user’s routine and priorities. The app identifies the places that users drive within the content of their calendar events and predicts, in advance, how much buffer time should be scheduled between meetings, given the typical traffic at that time of day. It tells users when to leave for meetings, based on current traffic conditions and launches the user’s preferred navigation app to get them from point A to B on time.
Mynd Calendar also:
– notifies users when they’re running late and enables them to email, call or text the people who need to know from the calendar
– identifies conference call numbers and codes and facilitates one-click dial-in
– discovers the people listed in calendar events and displays their LinkedIn profile information
– pulls in relevant Evernote notes into the calendar
– delivers weather forecasts for current and anticipated locations.
Mynd Calendar syncs with a user’s existing calendars including iCal, Google, Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo, etc.
It is available in the US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany and the Netherlands.