The round was led by Spark Capital, with participation from:
– SV Angel,
– Jack Dorsey, Co-founder and CEO of Square
– Bono, Musician and Activist
– Reid Hoffman (with the Greylock Discovery Fund)
– Steven Johnson, Author and Entrepreneur
– Evan Williams and Jason Goldman (via Obvious)
– Al Gore, Politician,
– Greg Yaitanes, Emmy Winning Director
– Roya Mahboob, Afghan Entrepreneur and Businesswoman
In conjunction with the investment, Spark General Partner Bijan Sabet joined Jelly’s board of directors.
The company, led by Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter, intends to use the funds to hire new people to build the product, whose features haven’t been released.