Zozi, a San Francisco, CA-based brand focused on providing consumers with active lifestyle experiences, raised $10m in a Series B1 funding as well as debt financing.
– Pritzker/Vlock Family Office
– Launch Capital
– 500 Startups
– Forerunner Ventures
– Par Capital Ventures
– Silicon Valley Bank
– Dave Dolby, Chairman, Dolby Labs
– Thomas Lehrman, Co-founder of Gerson Lehrman Group
– Jason Finger, Founder of Seamless
– Tom Christopoul, Falcon Head Capital
– Larry Bock, Founder of 17 companies,16 public with a $30B+ market cap
– Doug Joon Lee, Former CFO of Gmarket (Acq: eBay $1.2B)
– John DeMayo, SVP Marketing, ZOZI; Founding Exec, Adchemy; Advertising.com (Acq: AOL $495M).
The company intends to use the funds to integrate its (Zozi Gurus) team, to expand its commerce offerings across local experiences, getaways, gear, as well as to roll-out its customer and merchant technology.
Launched in April 2010 by TJ Sassani, CEO, Zozi has developed a marketplace that helps consumers discover and purchase local experiences across 21 cities in the US and Canada, getaways to dozens of countries, and gear products from outdoor and lifestyle brands such as Marmot, Timbuk2, Smith, etc.