Venture capital firm New Enterprise Associates (NEA) has just launched NEA Studio, a new program for designers founding mobile and web startups in New York.
During 12 weeks, designer-founders will have access to shared workspace at the NEA Studio in Union Square, conduct weekly office hours and sessions with NEA investors and advisors, and receive a stipend to help fund their work during the program.
NEA Studio will also hold weekly networking events including program participants, investors, advisors, and other members of the New York startup
and design communities.
– Liz Danzico, Designer, Chair & Co-Founder of the MFA in Interaction Design program at New York’s School of Visual Arts;
– David Kelley, IDEO founder;
– Albert Lee, New York Location Director;
– Adi Tartarko, Founder and CEO of Houzz;
– Josh Berman, Co-Founder & CEO, BeachMint;
– Cameron Koczon, Partner, Fictive Kin;
– Akshay Kothari, Co-Founder & CEO, Pulse;
– Stew Langille, CEO, Visual.ly;
– Michael Lebowitz, Founder and CEO, Big Spaceship;
– Barbara Messing, CMO, TripAdvisor;
– Jill Nussbaum, Executive Director of Product and Interaction Design at the Barbarian Group;
– Hugo Van Vuuren, Partner, The Experiment Fund; and
– Rus Yusupov, Co-Founder, Vine.
The NEA Studio shared workspace will be at an enterprise software cooperative located in New York’s Union Square.
Applications for the program are being accepted through March 31, 2013. The program kicks off April 30, 2013.