OurCrowd Closes $5.5M Series A Funding
OurCrowd, an Israel-based crowdfunding platform for accredited investors, closed a $5.5m Series A funding.
Founded by CEO Jon Medved, a serial entrepreneur, was previously the co-founder and CEO of Vringo (AMEX: VRNG), and Israel Seed Partners, OurCrowd operates an equity crowdfunding platform for Israeli startups, which co-invests (with accredited members) in deals, and manages investments including board participation. a The minimum amount of any investment is $10k per deal.
The deals are kept confidential and are not disclosed to the general public until complete.
Medved is joined by 10 investment professionals, including:
- Steven Blumgart, formerly of Glencore;
- Pini Lozowick, formerly of Broadcom and Alta Berkeley;
- Elan Zivotofsky, formerly of Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers;
- Zack Miller formerly of SeekingAlpha;
- Gadi Mazor, formerly of Onset;
- Robbie Citron of Jerusalem Global;
- Jay Kalish of Allot; and
- David Arnovitz formerly of SecureWare.
The first deals completed on the platform include AbesMarket.com, Sherpa, TradeOS, Parko, Fireblade, and Consumer Physics.