OurCrowd, an Israel-based crowdfunding platform for accredited investors, closed a $5.5m Series A funding.
Founded by CEO Jon Medved, a serial entrepreneur, was previously the co-founder and CEO of Vringo (AMEX: VRNG), and Israel Seed Partners, OurCrowd operates an equity crowdfunding platform for Israeli startups, which co-invests (with accredited members) in deals, and manages investments including board participation. a The minimum amount of any investment is $10k per deal.
The deals are kept confidential and are not disclosed to the general public until complete.
Medved is joined by 10 investment professionals, including:
– Steven Blumgart, formerly of Glencore;
– Pini Lozowick, formerly of Broadcom and Alta Berkeley;
– Elan Zivotofsky, formerly of Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers;
– Zack Miller formerly of SeekingAlpha;
– Gadi Mazor, formerly of Onset;
– Robbie Citron of Jerusalem Global;
– Jay Kalish of Allot; and
– David Arnovitz formerly of SecureWare.
[youtube id=”MGUgbDiYl6Q” width=”620″ height=”360″]
The first deals completed on the platform include AbesMarket.com, Sherpa, TradeOS, Parko, Fireblade, and Consumer Physics.