Nok Nok Labs Raises $15M in Funding
Nok Nok Labs, a Palo Alto, CA-based developer of technology to help companies validate the identities of their Internet users, raised $15m in funding.
Backers included ONSET Ventures and Doll Capital Management.
Founded in November 2011 and led by CEO Phil Dunkelberger, Nok Nok Labs develops a Unified Authentication Infrastructure, which leverages existing technologies such as fingerprint sensors or webcams, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chips, or voice biometrics, to allow organizations to authenticate to anyone, anywhere and to any device.
The company’s Advisory Board include:
– Steve Babbage, Distinguished Engineer & Group Chief Cryptographer, Vodafone
– Bob Lentz, Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Cyber, Identity and Information Assurance at the Department of Defense
– Dr. Larry Ponemon, Chairman and Founder, The Ponemon Institute
– Nils Puhlmann, former CSO at Zynga and Co-Founder of the Cloud Security Alliance
– Jim Reavis, Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Cloud Security Alliance
– Al Sisto, Venture Partner at Nauta Capital and Chairman of the Board of Agnitio