Dyn Raises $38M in Series A Funding
Dyn, a Manchester, NH-based Internet Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider, has closed a $38m Series A funding.
The round was led by North Bridge, with participation from Borealis Ventures and its Granite Fund.
The company intends to use the proceeds to grow its position within the IaaS market.
Incepted in 2001 and led by CEO and co-founder Jeremy Hitchcock, Dyn enables Managed DNS and Email Delivery for enterprise, small business and personal users.
Enterprise clients include Twitter, Zappos, CNBC, Pandora, MLB Advanced Media, Zipcar, Spotify, LG CNS and Zillow.
In addition to over 2,000 enterprise clients, Dyn also services 450,000 ecommerce clients and over four million active users worldwide. The company, which also has offices in San Francisco, Brighton, UK, and Wrexham, UK, employs 170 people.
In conjunction with the investment, the company has changed its board of directors, which will now include:
– Jeremy Hitchcock, Dyn CEO and co-founder
– Tom Daly, Dyn Chief Scientist and co-founder
– Jason Calacanis, founder and CEO of Mahalo, co-founder of ThisWeekIn, co-founder and former CEO of Weblogs, Inc. (acq. by AOL) and an angel investor
– Ric Fulop, General Partner at North Bridge and co-founder of A123 Systems
– Russ Pyle, General Partner at North Bridge.