Internet veteran Scott Savitz, founder and former CEO of Shoebuy.com, has launched a Boston, MA-based $50m venture capital fund.
Data Point Capital will focus on supporting companies that can be leveraged and scaled on the Internet with great potential for growth and profitability. Categories of interest include mobile, gaming, social networking, online payment solutions, comparison shopping, and e-commerce.
The Data Point Capital fund is “stage agnostic,” allowing for seed, and early to late stage funding, as well as controlling interest deals.
The firm’s Advisory group include:
– Lars Albright: Co-Founder and CEO of SessionM,
– Fred Bertino: Founder and President of MMB,
– Desh Deshpande: President of Sparta Group LLC, and Founder and Chairman of Sycamore Networks (SCMR),
– Diane Hessan: Founder, President and CEO of Communispace,
– Steve Papa: Founder and CEO of Endeca and a venture associate at Venrock,
– Alan Phillips: Founder of Where.com,
– Jim Salzano: President of Clarks Americas.