Diffbot Raises $2M
Diffbot, a Palo Alto, CA-based maker of visual learning robot technology that allows developers to analyze, extract, and enhance web content, has raised $2m in funding.
- Matrix Partners;
- Sky Dayton, founder of EarthLink;
- Andy Bechtolsheim, co-founder of Sun Microsystems;
- Joi Ito, Director of the MIT Media Lab;
- Brad Garlinghouse, CEO of YouSendIt, and
- other executives and founders from Facebook, Twitter and Yahoo.
The company intends to use the capital for new hires.
Led by Founder and CEO Michael Tung, Diffbot is a new form of visual-based technology that identifies and extracts the important objects on web pages using artificial intelligence, computer vision, machine learning and natural language processing. The company’s APIs allow application developers to use data from any Web page in their own applications. Customers are using Diffbot for web site mobilization, content management system migration, tag generation, article grouping/clustering, etc. .