Tealium, a San Diego, CA-based provider of enterprise tag management solutions, raised $1.1m in Series A financing.
– Jeff Lunsford, CEO of Limelight Networks;
– Jim MacIntyre, former CEO of Visual Sciences and WebSideStory (now part of Adobe Systems) and Tealium’s director of the board;
– Joe Apprendi, CEO of Collective;
– John Vincent, co-founder and CEO of EyeWonder; and
– Thomas Falk, an entrepreneur, investor and CEO of eValue Group.
Co-founded in 2008 by Mike Anderson and Ali Behnam, Tealium offers a console that allows business users to manage their tag implementations in a drag-and-drop interface without relying on the repeated use of an application server to load digital marketing vendor tags onto the web page. The solution takes advantage of browser caching, content distribution networks, and proprietary tag management techniques.
Clients include Citrix Online, Lincoln Financial Group, Fox Networks Group, Avnet, Big Fish Games, TracyLocke, US Auto Parts, Bluestem Brands, The Finish Line, Inc., etc.