CapLinked, a social platform that allows to make investment in private companies, has raised an additional funding.
New backers include:
– Chris Yeh (vice president at PBworks),
– Jason Portnoy (Silicon Valley angel and former CFO of Palantir Technologies),
– Stephan Paternot (chairman of Slated and co-founder of TheGlobe.com),
– Alexsis de Raadt-St. James (chairman of the Althea Foundation), Lok Lee (managing director of 2L Advisors), and
– Clark Landry (founder of GraphEffect).
This investment – reportedly of $500k – brings the total amount raised by the company to date to $1.4m.
Co-founded by CEO Eric M. Jackson and Christopher Grey and publicly launched in February 2011, CapLinked has grown to over 95,000 user accounts, 10,000 company profiles, and $12 billion in private investment deals hosted on its site.
Previous investors also include Peter Thiel, Dave McClure, David Sacks, Joe Lonsdale, Aman Verjee, and David Anderson.
22/02/2011: CapLinked Closes $525,000 Angel Funding Round