ADVANCE Medical Raises US$6M in Series A Financing
ADVANCE Medical, a Palo Alto, CA- and Sao Paulo, Brazil-based company that commercializes innovative medical technologies in Brazil and other countries in Latin America, has raised US$6m in Series A financing.
The round was led by Venrock and Brazilian institutional investors and angels.
ADVANCE Medical specializes in helping innovative medical technology companies (such as ZELTIQ Aesthetics) expand in Latin America commercializing their products, which require a sophisticated sales and marketing approach targeting select physician segments. The company works with the technology originator to gain a more thorough understanding of products and to build a customized commercial strategy and infrastructure on the ground for a launch or further commercial expansion.
To this end, ADVANCE employs experienced executives from the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device industries who have experience launching and commercializing products in Latin America.
The company’s board includes:
- Founder and CEO Fred Aslan, M.D. (Venrock)
- Bryan Roberts, Ph.D. (Venrock)
- Jose Bonchristiano (Chairman of healthcare insurance company Tempo Participacoes)
- Mario Grieco, M.D. (President of Moksha8, a Latin America-based pharmaceutical company that commercializes therapeutic products in Brazil, Mexico and other Latin American countries).
- Claudio Lottenberg, M.D. (President of the Board of Directors of Sao Paulo-based Albert Einstein Hospital)
- Alberto Blay, D.D.M. (practicing dentist and oral surgeon in Sao Paulo and has been a board member of Albert Einstein Hospital since 2003).