Fertility Focus Receives £775K in Financing
Published On March 3, 2011 |
Fertility Focus Limited, a Warwick, UK-based company that provides minimally invasive products for infertility diagnosis, has received £775,000 in financing.
– the Exceed Midlands Advantage Fund (managed by Midven), which committed £375,000,
– Norgenix, a US distributor of women’s health products, which committed £250,000, and
– three individual business angels through Envestors.
Formed in 2005 to licence intellectual property for the Fertility Monitor from Bristol University the company is currently establishing offices in the Warwick Technology Park. Led by CEO Robert Milnes, Fertility Focus has developed two products including.
– Fertiloscope, a minimally invasive instrument for the early diagnosis and immediate corrective surgery of physical abnormalities in the female reproductive organs (it is already approved for sale in Europe and the USA).
– The Advanced Fertility Monitor, which identifies and predicts periods of maximum fertility and is also able to diagnose women who are not ovulating regularly thus enabling earlier intervention.
The company intends to use the funds to complete regulatory approvals for the Advanced Fertility Monitor and launch it into the European market.
The company currently employs two staff and uses a network of agents and distributors in Europe and worldwide.